We are honoured to share this moving documentary "Dancing at the Vatican", an inspirational story of a seemingly impossible, cross-continental journey made by extraordinarily brave families bound by the same devastating disease, Huntington's, to bring their illness out of the shadows. The documentary brings to life IXICO's mission to advance medicine and human health by supporting innovations in clinical trials to accelerate bringing treatments to patients suffering from neurological disorders.
Join in-person or virtually for AAIC 2021, where the world’s leading basic scientists, clinical researchers, early career investigators, clinicians and the care research community will share breaking research discoveries that will lead to methods of prevention and treatment and improvements in diagnosis for Alzheimer’s disease.
The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS) is a professional society of clinicians, scientists, and other healthcare professionals who are interested in Parkinson’s disease, related neurodegenerative and neurodevelopmental disorders, hyperkinetic movement disorders, and abnormalities in muscle tone and motor control.
This webinar will look at clinical and imaging biomarkers in Parkinsonian syndromes to provide trial sponsors a rounded overview of key challenges and considerations.
What You Will Learn:
- A clinical overview of parkinsonian syndromes with a focus on Parkinson’s disease (PD), multiple systems atrophy (MSA) and progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP)
- Addressing diagnostic challenges when recruiting for clinical trials
- Overview of the use of current imaging biomarkers in clinical trials in Parkinson’s disease
- Introduction to emerging imaging biomarkers in Parkinson’s disease
Given the uncertainties resulting from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to move the 16th Annual HD Therapeutics Conference to a fully online, virtual experience. As in the past we will have scientific presentations, interactive poster sessions, and more – stay tuned for further details in the coming months.
The AD/PD series of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases Conferences is focused on unraveling the mechanisms and improving the treatment of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and other related neurodegenerative diseases. AD/PD Conferences combine distinct neurodegenerative diseases in one setting and examine their similarities and differences; a strong focus is mechanisms of disease, prevention and therapy.
At the conference, IXICO will be making following presentations:
• Michael Reinwald, PhD, will give a pre-recorded oral presentation, titled: “A deep-learning based framework for brain-atrophy measurement”
• Jack Weatheritt, PhD, will present the poster: “Automatic segmentation using deep learning for the hippocampus”
• Luis Peraza, PhD, will present two posters:
1) “An adaptive step detection algorithm for waist-worn wearable devices: a feasibility study in older adults”
2) “Added value of wearable sensors for fall risk assessment in an older adult group”