Advanced analytics. Intelligent insights.
IXICO is a fast-growing medical imaging technology company, providing advanced analytics to the global clinical trials market. Established in 2004, listed as a public company in 2013, IXICO has firmly established itself as a trusted partner to the global life sciences industry, helping develop new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Huntington’s disease.
With our focus on neuroscience, our purpose is to advance human health by turning data into clinically valuable insights, helping our clients reduce clinical development risk and improve return on investment. We achieve this by deploying breakthrough data analytics through our Artificial Intelligence-led technology platform, with an integrated service covering every stage of clinical development through to post-marketing surveillance. We continue to invest in our infrastructure and technology to support our ambitious growth strategy, which we are empowered to achieve through the “4A” values at the heart of our culture: Aspiration, Ability, Agility and Accountability.
To help us deliver our medical image analysis solutions to large clinical trials we are hiring an experienced Business Development Director in a full-time capacity.
Purpose of the Role
The Business Development Director will be responsible for initiating and progressing to successful conclusion, new client Master Service Agreements (MSAs) and new business contracts in order to increase the number and diversity of company clients to support the company’s double digit growth ambitions.
Strong consultative selling experience and capabilities are required from the role in order to maximise understanding of each client’s priorities and plans. The Business Development Director is expected to represent the Company in a manner that seeks to maintain high client satisfaction, bring value to the Company’s clients, and position the Company as a trusted partner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement the agreed annual sales tactical plan to secure new trials with international clients: working to achieve the agreed annual new sales bookings target to support the company’s three-year revenue growth plans.
- Collaborating with the assigned Business Development Manager, develop a sales plan for increasing targeted account penetration and new client acquisition; includes managing in country and international travel schedules within budget and identifying technical support requirements from functions across the company to increase likelihood of client success.
- Scheduling a requisite number of face-to-face meetings and remote /on-line client presentations to open new business development opportunities with both existing and new accounts.
- Lead bid defence planning and work with Operations, Science and Product teams to ensure effective client meetings.
- Continue to develop the relationship with current clients (multi-level account management) to secure additional business and increase current account penetration across multiple trials and therapeutic areas.
- Identify the competitive landscape for each qualified opportunity and seek support from Senior colleagues on the best approach to mitigate competitive threats. Request joint sales business calls as required.
- Coordinate with the Proposals and Contracts manager to support the response to, and timely completion of, RFPs and RFIs.
- Continuously enhance knowledge of client decision makers, influencers, and procurement office requirements. To qualify each sales opportunity and provide guidance to the Proposals and Contracts Manager as to competitive nature and client priorities of each opportunity (e.g., scientific, operational, price etc.).
- Collaborating with the assigned Business Development Manager, research accounts and identify new opportunities for IXICO by monitoring clinical pipeline/molecule developments and relevant communication/press.
- Attend international Industry Conferences as required by the company; includes pre-meeting planning and post meeting reporting and follow up.
- Up to 50% travel, including international travel.
- Responsible for client service provision drafting and pricing negotiations with existing and prospective clients in respect of Work Orders (supported by the Proposals and Contracts Manager and the General Counsel).
- Leading of MSA discussions with the client and providing sufficient background to enable the General Counsel to prepare and negotiate MSA agreements.
- Responsible for ensuring client discussions are covered by confidentiality agreements and providing sufficient detail to the General Counsel to enable the efficient drafting and completion of these ahead of material commercial discussions.
- Coordinate, drive and track documents through the contract execution and work orders process; ultimately supporting IXICO operations & legal improve contract execution cycle times.
Tracking and Reporting Responsibilities
- Monitor individual contribution to achieving the company’s annual new bookings contract targets and where necessary, request support from senior colleagues and with commercial leadership so that appropriate corrective actions are taken.
- Monitor and report progress across company commercial KPI dashboard for designated accounts and territory.
- Maintain and manage SalesForce.com database with all sales activity, ensuring all data are accurate, relevant, and always up to date.
- Participate in the ongoing review of IXICO business development procedures to ensure consistency across all BD team members and territories.
- Support of the proposal development process through review and collaboration with IXICO Operations team.
Qualifications and skills required for the role
- Ideally, understands neuroscience and/or imaging markets via a product and service offering.
- 5+ years CRO/Pharmaceutical/biotech client facing function experience.
- Undergraduate degree or international equivalent in a health sciences or business discipline from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with maintaining and managing a customer relationship database (CRM), such as Salesforce.com.
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate tenacity, proactivity, and initiative.
- A demonstrated ability to influence and persuade others to act
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Stakeholder management, both internally and externally
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO.
- Private medical insurance scheme with Bupa.
- Hybrid working model.
- Life Assurance of 4x annual salary.
- Enhanced pension contribution of 6%.
- Employee Benefits Portal offering various discounts in entertainment, retail, travel and supermarkets.
- Engaging and social environment, with fundraising and sporting activities and seasonal events such as Summer and Christmas parties.
- Wellbeing initiatives such as eye tests, flu jabs, and Mental Health Awareness Training.
- Extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), including confidential counselling support.
- Reimbursement allowance to purchase equipment to support working from home.
- Employee referral scheme offering £2,000 for referring a successful candidate to the company.
- Financial assistance for professional qualifications.
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day.
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and empowered team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated Business Development professional to thrive in an engaging environment and in a team dedicated to the company's purpose and mission.
If you think IXICO should meet you, please send us your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com or apply directly via LinkedIn. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please note that our entire business is operating under a Hybrid-Working Model, where UK-based employees are required to attend our London office 2 days a week. If you have got any questions, please reach out to our careers team.