This is IXICO
IXICO is a fast growing and profitable medical data analytics company, providing data management and advanced analytics to the pharmaceutical clinical trials market. Established in 2004 and listed as a public company in 2013, IXICO has established itself as a trusted partner to the global pharmaceutical industry developing new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease.
Our purpose is to advance medicine and human health by turning data into clinically meaningful information, providing valuable new insights in neuroscience. We will focus on developing and deploying breakthrough data analytics through our remote access technology platform.
We are guided by our “4A” values:
These are at the heart of our culture and empower our people to directly contribute to achieving our goal to be a leading proponent of artificial intelligence in clinical drug development. We recognise that we will succeed in realising our purpose and achieving our goal only by bringing together the diverse set of skills needed to innovate and develop cutting-edge technologies, and by building an inclusive culture to continuously enhance our service offering to support our customers’ scientific endeavours.
To further strengthen our ambitious and service-driven delivery agenda we are hiring an experienced VP Clinical Programme Management in a full-time capacity.
Purpose of the Role
- The VP Programme Management will provide operational leadership and management of the Clinical Programme Management team ensuring resource is available and fit for purpose in delivering the departments goals, motivating direct and indirect reports, engaging internal and external stakeholders and decision-makers, and continue developing a world-class data analytics platform engine.
- The role holder will oversee the planning, initiation, execution, maintenance and close out of the assigned multi-regional study(ies), which may include study management, clinical and other functions per Contract.
- The role holder will ensure that all study management and project deliverables are completed to the Sponsor’s satisfaction, ensuring quality deliverables on time and within budget and in accordance with SOPs, policies, and practices.
- Reporting directly to the CEO, the role holder will be expected to diagnose areas of improvement for the Project Management team and implement solutions and identify opportunities to scale IXICO’s capabilities and capacities.
- Revenue and profitability goals as defined by the company to ensure the company meets its corporate financial performance for the business in collaboration with the Clinical Operations team.
- Set and maintain the staff budget cost centre of Clinical Project Management, including all internal resources, third-party providers, and departmental training requirements.
- Provide resources, costs, and timelines for new client projects.
- Managing the financial performance of multiple varied projects with the Project Manager’s including achievement of financial targets, invoicing, cross charging, gap analysis, cost control, cash flow revenue, forecasting and profitability.
- Identify and manage financial issues and provide regular feedback on the financial performance of the team and project.
- Leadership of Clinical Project Management department. Generation of a vision and strategic direction for the department, together with the tactical plans to put this into operation.
- Responsible for the delivery of all aspects of the function activities, including both outstanding science, revenues, and profitability. Note – IXICO is currently delivering double digit growth year on year.
- Work as part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on the strategic direction of Clinical Project Management and the wider IXICO organisation.
- Line management of the leaders for the functions and departments within Clinical Project Management and work with them to develop all staff within the function.
- Recruit, motivate and develop talented individuals for leadership roles within the departments.
- Supervise problem solving and resolution efforts to include management of risk, contingencies, and issues. Take accountability for proactive contingency plans to mitigate clinical risk.
- Identify quality issues within the study through regular review of site communications, monitoring visit reports, data flow information and quality assurance audit findings and own the implementation of appropriate corrective action plans. Manage and oversee the escalation of findings and action plans to appropriate parties.
- Work together with Quality management to ensure compliance and regulatory adherence at all times and build a quality culture across clinical operations incorporating a “right first time” methodology.
- Collaborate with other functional groups within the company to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles. Ensure that Sponsor feedback is communicated and conveyed to other functional groups and action is initiated to address.
- Establish and foster outstanding collaborative relationships with all other departments within IXICO, especially Clinical Operations to meet the company’s strategic objectives.
- Act in close partnership with Business Development; identifying new clients and collaborations, pitching IXICO’s value proposition to potential collaborators and preparing scientific presentations which showcase IXICO’s expertise.
- Participate in proposal development, influence the scope, and budget development of proposals for new work, including the study management costs. Escalate out of scope requests to management as appropriate.
- In conjunction with Clinical Operations & Business Development, define compelling project budgets and timelines for Client Proposals and bids.
- Achieve efficient resource utilisation and work collaboratively with other groups especially HR to ensure the department and projects are properly resourced, supported and delivered to pre-defined scientific and project objectives, budget, and timelines.
- Develop and nurture scientific and discipline excellence to further develop the scientific and business delivery and achievements of the function.
Qualifications and skills:
- Experience in a Clinical Project Management role with responsibility for company operational strategies. Includes a proven track record of hands-on project management of the delivery of operational and technical services in multiple geographies.
- Experience in working across international boundaries and time zones in support of the global pharmaceutical industry; understanding of the North American and European Imaging CRO landscape would be a plus.
- Excellent line management skills and able to set clear direction of expectations at a departmental and individual staff level.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of achieving extraordinary results in a high growth technology service environment through effective resource planning, staff performance & talent management.
- Experience of formulating & executing continuous improvement initiatives in a highly regulated business environment to deliver enhanced service levels more efficiently, first time.
- Excellent knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, including ICH Guidelines, FDA's Code of Federal Regulations, Clinical Research Ethics, GDPR/HIPAA, and other regional and local requirements and regulations. Also experience in ISO13485, ISO27001 and/or other similar quality systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, excellent organisational and problem-solving skills with a track record of ability to work through others to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics.
- Good team leadership skills with high level of resilience, effective mentoring, and training skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment maintaining flexibility and changing priorities to meeting demanding timelines. Strong presentation and influencing skills.
- Strong financial understanding, including experience of setting and managing departmental budgets and forecasts.
- Ideally includes some technical understanding of the use of Imaging technologies used for patient eligibility, safety, and efficacy in clinical trials, but not essential.
- Able to be strategic and also take a 'Hands On' approach to make things happen when required. Has the gravitas to engender confidence at SLT level and externally to clients or partners.
- Competitive remuneration package, including participation in the discretionary company bonus scheme
- Generous employer pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO
- Annual salary review
- Life Assurance scheme
- Various discounts in retail, food & drink and entertainment through our benefit portal
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and empowered team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
This is a great opportunity for a strong and experienced leader in the clinical trials/pharmaceuticals environment to thrive in an engaging and fast-paced environment, to make a difference on an every day basis.
If you think IXICO should meet you, please send us your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com. We are looking forward to your application. Please note that due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation our entire business is operating remotely. If you have got any questions about this please reach out to our careers team.