This is IXICO
IXICO is a fast growing and profitable medical data analytics company, providing data management and advanced analytics to the pharmaceutical clinical trials market. Established in 2004 and listed as a public company in 2013, IXICO has established itself as a trusted partner to the global pharmaceutical industry developing new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease.
Our purpose is to advance medicine and human health by turning data into clinically meaningful information, providing valuable new insights in neuroscience. We will focus on developing and deploying breakthrough data analytics through our remote access technology platform.
We are guided by our “4A” values:
These are at the heart of our culture and empower our people to directly contribute to achieving our goal to be a leading proponent of artificial intelligence in clinical drug development. We recognise that we will succeed in realising our purpose and achieving our goal only by bringing together the diverse set of skills needed to innovate and develop cutting-edge technologies, and by building an inclusive culture to continuously enhance our service offering to support our customers’ scientific endeavours.
To further strengthen the delivery of our ambitious growth agenda we are now hiring an experienced VP Clinical Operations in a full-time capacity.
Purpose of the Role
- The VP Clinical Operations will provide operational leadership and management of the Clinical Operations function, ensuring resource is available and fit for purpose in delivering the departments goals, motivating direct and indirect reports, engaging internal and external stakeholders and decision-makers, and continue developing a world-class data analytics platform engine.
- Reporting directly to the CEO, the role holder will be expected to diagnose areas of improvement for the operations and implement solutions and identify opportunities to scale IXICO’s capabilities and capacities.
- In conjunction with the Project Management (PM) function, forecast and deliver revenue and profitability goals as defined by the company to ensure the company meets its corporate financial performance for the business.
- Set and maintain the staff budget cost centre of Clinical Operations, including all internal resources, third-party providers, and departmental training requirements
- Provide resources, costs, and timelines for new client projects.
- Leadership of Clinical Operations function including Image Analysis and Data management. Generation of a vision and strategic direction for the department, together with the tactical plans to put this into operation.
- Responsible for the delivery of all aspects of the function activities, including both outstanding science, revenues, and profitability. Note – IXICO is currently delivering double digit growth year on year.
- Work as part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on the strategic direction of Clinical Operations and the wider IXICO organisation.
- Line management of the leaders for the functions and departments of Image Analysis and Data Management within Clinical Operations and work with them to develop all staff within the function.
- Recruit, motivate and develop talented individuals for leadership roles within the departments.
- Achieve efficient resource utilisation and work collaboratively with other groups especially HR to ensure the department and projects are properly resourced, supported and delivered to pre-defined scientific and project objectives, budget, and timelines.
- Develop and nurture scientific and discipline excellence to further develop the scientific and business delivery and achievements of the function.
- Establish and foster outstanding collaborative relationships with all other departments within IXICO, especially Project Management to meet the company’s strategic objectives.
- Act in close partnership with Business Development; identifying new clients and collaborations, pitching IXICO’s value proposition to potential collaborators and preparing scientific presentations which showcase IXICO’s expertise.
- Define compelling project budgets and timelines for Client Proposals and bids with Project Management
- Act as an ambassador to the company externally and when required.
- Work together with Quality Management to always ensure compliance and regulatory adherence and build a quality culture across clinical operations incorporating a “right first time” methodology.
Qualifications and skills:
- Experience in a Clinical Operations or similar leadership role with responsibility for company operational strategies. Includes a proven track record of managing the delivery of technical services in multiple geographies.
- Experience in working across international boundaries and time zones in support of the global pharmaceutical industry preferably but not necessarily only this sector; understanding of the North American and European Imaging CRO landscape would be a plus.
- Excellent line management skills and able to set clear direction of expectations at a departmental and individual staff level.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of achieving extraordinary results in a high growth technology service environment through effective resource planning, staff performance & talent management.
- Experience of formulating & executing continuous improvement initiatives in a highly regulated business environment to deliver enhanced service levels more efficiently, first time.
- Strong financial understanding, including experience of setting and managing departmental budgets and forecasts.
- Excellent knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, including ICH Guidelines, FDA's Code of Federal Regulations, Clinical Research Ethics, GDPR/HIPAA, and other regional and local requirements and regulations. Also experience in ISO13485, ISO27001 and/or other similar quality systems.
- Ideally includes some technical understanding of the use of Imaging technologies used for patient eligibility, safety, and efficacy in clinical trials, but not essential.
- Ability to be strategic and also take a 'Hands On' approach to make things happen when required.
- Has the gravitas to engender confidence at SLT level and externally to clients or partners.
- Competitive remuneration package, including participation in the company bonus scheme
- Generous employer pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO
- Annual salary review
- Life Assurance scheme
- Various discounts in retail, food & drink and entertainment through our benefit portal
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and empowered team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
This is a great opportunity for a strong and experienced leader in the clinical trials/pharmaceuticals environment to thrive in an engaging and fast-paced environment, to make a difference on an every day basis.
If you think IXICO should meet you, please send us your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to your application. Please note that due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation our entire business is operating remotely. If you have got any questions about this please reach out to our careers team.