This is IXICO
IXICO is a fast growing and profitable medical data analytics company, providing data management and advanced analytics to the pharmaceutical clinical trials market. Established in 2004 and listed as a public company in 2013, IXICO has established itself as a trusted partner to the global pharmaceutical industry developing new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease.
Our purpose is to advance medicine and human health by turning data into clinically meaningful information, providing valuable new insights in neuroscience. We will focus on developing and deploying breakthrough data analytics through our remote access technology platform.
We are guided by our “4A” values: Aspiration; Ability.; Agility; and Accountability. These are at the heart of our culture and empower our people to directly contribute to achieving our goal to be a leading proponent of artificial intelligence in clinical drug development. We recognise that we will succeed in realising our purpose and achieving our goal only by bringing together the diverse set of skills needed to innovate and develop cutting-edge technologies, and by building an inclusive culture to continuously enhance our service offering to support our customers’ scientific endeavours.
As our great team continues to grow we are looking to hire a SVP Clinical Operations in a full-time capacity.
Purpose of the role:
- The incumbent provides Operational leadership and brings a delivery orientated culture to the IXICO Clinical Operations team; which includes clear planning, scheduling and “on budget” delivery of both client projects and internal operational improvement initiatives.
- The role holder will be expected to bring “best in class” industry expertise and a track record of being able to diagnose operational areas of most impactful operational improvements to service level and company P&L. By doing so, this role is expected to significantly enhance IXICO’s capabilities to scale and deliver on its ambitious growth plans.
- Participate at the Senior Leadership level on delivering the group scorecard KPI’s.
- Work closely with Business Development in support of the acquisition of new clients, by pitching IXICO’s operational capabilities to support all phases of clinical trial, globally. Includes identifying opportunities to expand IXICO’s operational footprint in support of growth; in particular in North America.
- Contribute to IXICO’s annual growth strategy reviews including, supporting the CEO in operational due diligence in of potential M&A opportunities
- Forecasting and delivery of total revenues, cost of sales and gross profit/margin.
- Forecasting resources, costs and timelines for new client projects as part of RFP response.
- Forecasting and delivery of grant income and expenditure.
- Individual project financial performance (project revenues/income, costs and gross profit/margins) & client governance KPI’s.
- Staff budgets. Clinical Operations cost centre, including all internal resources, third-party supplier, conference/travel and training costs.
- Leadership of Clinical Operations, including alliance management & project office functions. Clearly setting the vision and strategic direction for the department, together with the implementation plans to deliver on the associated goals and KPIs.
- Developing a ‘Quality culture’ in everything we do; always vigilant in ensuring compliance and operational risks are managed appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the delivery of the department’s activities, within budget, including:
- Definition and delivery of client and grant project requirements.
- Strong alliance management, ensuring operational excellence and high levels of client engagement to enable the company to build close relationship with all key client contacts. Includes strong governance mechanisms, supplemented by feedback to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Act promptly to address any client or business partner concerns by ensuring prompt acknowledgement, open and timely communications and appropriate corrective actions.
- Monitoring, and where necessary addressing, project performance, early, to ensure agreed budgetary KPIs are hit or exceeded.
- Continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership & clarity in determining operational improvement priorities.
- Develop and implement a metrics governance framework to measure and drive a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency as the business scales.
- Reviewing, and where appropriate, amending the resource structures within the Clinical Operations department to align delivery to client needs and maximise team and departmental efficiency.
- Line management
- Identification and recruitment of resource needs within pre-agreed budget envelopes. Also, able to make the case for unbudgeted investments to support incremental growth opportunities to further accelerate profitable growth
- Set high standards of individual and team performance in the Operations management team in line with the company’s 4 “A” culture.
- Motivate and develop talented individuals within the department; whilst addressing development or performance issues identified early in order to optimise organisational performance.
Senior Leadership Team role.
- Lead by example and be a leading proponent of the company 4 “A” values.
- Lead on the definition and delivery of the company Operations strategy
- Achievement of group scorecard and work with Quality leadership to ensure compliance and regulatory adherence.
- Build a quality culture across Clinical Operations incorporating a “right first time” methodology.
- Work with the Head of Process and Systems improvement to implement efficiency improvement initiatives, streamline workflows and automation of manual steps.
- Work with HR and other teams to achieve efficient resource utilisation and ensure the department and projects are properly resourced; supported and delivered to pre-defined scientific and project objectives, budget and timelines.
- Work with Commercial, Science and Business Support to ensure effective contract management across the bid to bill process. Includes effectively managing the Company change order process.
- Work with Finance in the continuous refinement of project profitability measures.
Personal attributes, experience & qualifications:
- An individual who can think strategically, who can see more than one route to a solution.
- An individual able (and willing) to roll up their sleeves and work with the team to address bottlenecks, system inadequacies and unnecessary complexity. I.e. Able to be strategic and also take a 'Hands On' approach to make things happen when required.
- Has the gravitas to engender confidence at Board level and externally to clients or partners
- A strong people manager, someone who looks to build a high performing team by hiring staff who are at least as good as they are if not better.
- Comfortable in the detail but not obsessed by it.
- 10 years + experience in a Clinical Operations leadership role with responsibility for a wide range of technical functions.
- A track record of developing and implementing successful operational strategies within the clinical trials, outsourcing market. Requires evidence of a proven track record of managing the delivery of technical services in multiple geographies across all phases of clinical trials to the global pharmaceutical industry
- Experience and familiarity in operating within a metrics governance framework and formal continuous improvement programmes.
- Experience of formulating & executing continuous improvement initiatives in a highly regulated business environment to deliver enhanced service levels more efficiently, first time.
- Formal training or experience of Lean (e.g. Six Sigma) programs would be highly beneficial in the role.
- Experience in working across international boundaries and time zones in support of the global pharmaceutical industry; understanding of the North American and European CRO landscape (knowledge of the Asian market would be a plus)
- Excellent line management skills and able to set clear direction of expectations at a departmental and individual staff level.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of achieving extraordinary results in a high growth technology service environment through effective staff performance & talent management.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, including ICH Guidelines, FDA's Code of Federal Regulations, Clinical Research Ethics, GDPR/HIPAA, and other regional and local requirements and regulations. Also experience in ISO13485, ISO27001 and/or other similar quality systems
- Generous employer pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO
- Annual salary review and discretionary company bonus scheme
- Life Assurance scheme
- Various discounts in retail, food & drink and entertainment through our benefit portal
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced leader in the clinical trials/pharmaceuticals environment to thrive in an engaging and fast-paced environment, to make a difference on an every day basis.
If you think IXICO should meet you, please send us your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com. We are looking forward to your application. Please note that due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation our entire business is operating remotely. If you have got any questions about this please reach out to our careers team.