Advanced analytics. Intelligent insights
IXICO plc (AIM: IXI), is a leading neuroimaging Contract Research Organization (CRO), delivering advanced Ai analytical insights in neuroscience to the global clinical trials market. Established in 2004, listed as a public company in 2013, IXICO has firmly established itself as a trusted partner to the global life sciences industry, supporting the development of new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis.
With our focus on neuroscience, our purpose is to advance human health by turning data into clinically valuable insights; helping our clients reduce clinical development risk and improve return on investment from their clinical development programmes. We achieve this by combining Ai machine learning imaging biomarker analysis, together with centralised neuroimaging CRO services to provide an integrated service covering every stage of clinical development through to post-marketing surveillance. We are committed to invest in continuously enhancing our validated and peer reviewed disease optimised machine learning Ai analytics services and our infrastructure and technology to support our ambitious growth strategy. Our people are empowered to enable us to achieve our company goals and their own personal development through the “4A” values at the heart of our culture: Aspiration, Ability, Agility and Accountability.
To help us deliver our medical image analysis solutions to large clinical trials we are hiring an experienced SVP, Business Development in a full-time capacity. Please note that we have one position open to either a US or UK/Europe based candidates.
Purpose of the Role:
- Oversight of development and execution of the company commercial strategy in support of the company 5-year growth plan and annual operating budget.
- To provide sales leadership and line management of the Business Development team to develop and convert the opportunities pipeline to ensure achievement of the company’s commercial goals and financial targets. Includes direct business development management responsibility for a number of defined key accounts.
- Management reporting. Submit monthly reporting to CEO and update the Senior Leadership Team on commercial initiatives in monthly business review meetings. Includes monthly New Bookings Contract (NBC) forecasting to support quarterly revenue forecast updates and other commercial KPI’s such as opportunities pipeline development. Also, as required, present commercial updates to the Board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the impact of commercial strategy by ensuring clear commercial objectives are set and continuously assessed for traction in commercial execution.
- Growing and progressing the company opportunities pipeline to secure new contract bookings, in support of the company’s annual revenue and profit targets.
- Ensure appropriate business development KPI’s (Pipeline progression, RFP’s etc) are defined, implemented, and monitored. Present at monthly SLT business reviews.
- Line management responsibility for the BD team (consisting of Business Development Directors and contracts team). As a “Player-Coach” (70:30), the incumbent will have direct responsibility for several key accounts and expected to lead by example.
- Oversee the company’s initiatives to establish commercial Master Service Agreements with both key accounts and CRO’s.
- Monitor competitor activities and ensure appropriate commercial initiatives are instigated to effectively counter competitor actions.
- Ensure Client proposals are completed, on time, with compelling propositions; includes ensuring proposals and defence bids are delivered to the highest professional standards.
- Gain insight into market pricing and responsible for co-ordinating commercial inputs in RFP’s. Requires a good understanding of who competing vendors are.
- Ensure that the appropriate systems (effective CRM & pipeline management) are in place to track and monitor commercial execution. Ensure that the companies sales CRM system is maintained and up to date with the most recent client meetings outcomes to inform bookings forecasts.
- Provide the commercial inputs for the annual budget review process, monitoring of performance versus budget and prior year. Includes determining resources, costs, and timelines for commercial initiatives to build and convert the companies pipeline of opportunities.
- Ongoing recruitment, development, and motivation of the BD team. Dedicated to building and continuously enhancing a highly effective business development team.
Qualifications and skills required for the role:
- Senior commercial line manager with excellent, 10 years + line management experience. Able to set clear direction of expectations and BD team alignment on “what good looks like”.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a track record of ability to work with senior peers and through others to deliver cross functional company goals.
- Established neuro and / or imaging professional network with a track record of growth within the CRO clinical trials market.
- Minimum of a life science degree qualified and experienced in technical consultative scientific sales process. Significant plus if within the neuroimaging trials marketplace.
- Financial acumen demonstrated by experience or formal training/qualifications.
- Track record of prospecting and developing contract opportunities across North American, European and Asian CRO landscape would be a significant plus.
- Must have already built a strong professional network with senior clinical and procurement professionals within the global Pharma and Biotech industry.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of account plans. Be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of what effective, multi-level key account management looks like.
Location & travel
- Home based. Europe or US
- Management meetings at the company’s London HQ as required.
- International travel to industry conferences and client meetings, particularly in Europe and N. America. Anticipated to be up to 30% international travel
- Competitive remuneration package including benchmarked salaries.
- Staff Annual Bonus Plans and Annual Salary Review.
- Opportunity to participate in the Company's commission plan.
- Generous employer pension contribution of 6%.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO.
- Life Assurance of 4x annual salary.
- Employee Benefits Portal, Perkbox offering various discounts in retail, food & drink, and entertainment.
- Engaging and social environment, with fundraising and sporting activities and seasonal events such as Summer and Christmas parties.
- Wellbeing initiatives such as eye tests, flu jabs, and Mental Health Awareness Training.
- Employee Assistance Programme offering advice and support on a wide range of topics.
- Hybrid working model pattern split between working at our vibrant head office in the City of London and remotely.
- Reimbursement allowance to purchase equipment to support working from home.
- Generous employee referral scheme offering £2,000 for referring a successful candidate to the company.
- Financial assistance for professional qualifications.
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day.
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and empowered team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
This is a great opportunity for a strong and experienced SVP, Business Development to thrive in an engaging and fast-paced environment, to make a difference on an everyday basis.
If you think IXICO should meet you, please send us your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to your application.
Please note that our entire business is operating under a Hybrid-Working Model, where UK-based employees are required to attend our London office 2 days a week. If you have got any questions, please reach out to our careers team.