Advanced analytics. Intelligent insights.
IXICO plc (AIM: IXI), is a leading neuroimaging Contract Research Organization (CRO), delivering advanced Ai analytical insights in neuroscience to the global clinical trials market. Established in 2004, listed as a public company in 2013, IXICO has firmly established itself as a trusted partner to the global life sciences industry, supporting the development of new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis.
With our focus on neuroscience, our purpose is to advance human health by turning data into clinically valuable insights; helping our clients reduce clinical development risk and improve return on investment from their clinical development programmes. We achieve this by combining Ai machine learning imaging biomarker analysis, together with centralised neuroimaging CRO services to provide an integrated service covering every stage of clinical development through to post-marketing surveillance. We are committed to invest in continuously enhancing our validated and peer reviewed disease optimised machine learning Ai analytics services and our infrastructure and technology to support our ambitious growth strategy. Our people are empowered to enable us to achieve our company goals and their own personal development through the “4A” values at the heart of our culture: Aspiration, Ability, Agility and Accountability.
To help us deliver our medical image analysis solutions to large clinical trials we are hiring a dedicated R&D Imaging Engineer in a full-time capacity.
Purpose of the Role:
The R&D Imaging Engineer will be responsible for delivering imaging analysis solutions in a clinical trial setting for a range of therapeutic areas (e.g., Dementia, Huntington's disease, Parkinson's disease etc).
The R&D Imaging Engineer, in collaboration with the Imaging Scientist and R&D Engineer roles, will be responsible for the seamless transition of pre-existing scientific analysis solutions into minimal viable products (MVP) ready for deployment in clinical trials. An ideal candidate would have experience with medical image analysis, preferably neuroimaging, with a strong programmatic and technical skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adapting pre-existing scientific solutions into production ready products and tools.
- Scoping, designing, and implementing technical solutions to address gaps or inefficiencies in analysis workflows.
- Developing processes and software frameworks to optimise delivery.
- Working closely with Imaging scientists and Research engineers, conducting image analysis, scientific testing, and report generation.
- Provide first-line support to internal team for developed solutions deployed in clinical trials.
- Leading on the identification of sources of failure in analysis solutions and working with the lead Imaging Scientist, propose and implement suitable fixes and improvements.
- Contribute to the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions (WIs) for analysis delivery.
- Create programmatic workflows to automate processing and analysis.
- Contribute to development of new analysis methods with operational / technical expertise, analysis, and testing.
- Participate in the innovation process by coming up with new ideas for company products and development process.
The R&D Imaging Engineer may also be responsible for:
- Qualitative review of biomedical images (e.g., MRI, PET), identifying and labelling data for future analysis.
- Performing data curation and augmentation for large datasets used in the development of artificial intelligence pipelines.
- Develop tools to assist in utilization of large datasets
- Providing feedback on improvements in the image Quality Check (QC), analysis, and monitoring processes.
- Assist in reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) e.g., QC pass rates and analysis throughput.
Qualifications and skills required for the role:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., imaging, life sciences, computer science) or equivalent technical or analytical experience.
- Experience in programming using scripting languages (e.g., Bash/Python)
- Experience of Linux/Unix command line
- Experience with medical image processing and analysis techniques
- Experience in delivering analysis on large datasets
- Ability to time manage and prioritise competing tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to work independently and in a highly regulated environment.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills across all levels of the business – fluent in the English language
- Postgraduate degree or greater in related field
- Intermediate to expert level competence Python
- Experience with neuroimaging specific techniques and tools for MR analysis
- Familiarity with virtualised environments such as Docker
- Familiarity with MR or PET medical imaging modalities and clinical trial process
- Experience interacting with large datasets
- Experience delivering solutions in a commercial and regulated environment.
- Competitive remuneration package including benchmarked salaries.
- Staff Annual Bonus Plans and Annual Salary Review.
- Generous employer pension contribution of 6%.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO.
- BUPA private medical insurance scheme.
- Life Assurance of 4x annual salary.
- Employee Benefits Portal, Perkbox offering various discounts in retail, food & drink, and entertainment.
- Engaging and social environment, with fundraising and sporting activities and seasonal events such as Summer and Christmas parties.
- Wellbeing initiatives such as eye tests, flu jabs, and Mental Health Awareness Training.
- Employee Assistance Programme offering advice and support on a wide range of topics.
- Hybrid working model pattern split between working at our vibrant head office in the City of London and remotely.
- Reimbursement allowance to purchase equipment to support working from home.
- Generous employee referral scheme offering £2,000 for referring a successful candidate to the company.
- Financial assistance for professional qualifications.
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day.
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and empowered team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
This is a great opportunity for a dedicated R&D Imaging Engineer to thrive in an engaging and fast-paced environment, to make a difference on an everyday basis.
If you think IXICO should meet you, please send us your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com or apply directly via LinkedIn. We are looking forward to your application.
Please note that our entire business is operating under a Hybrid-Working Model, where UK-based employees are required to attend our London office 2 days a week. If you have got any questions, please reach out to our careers team.