Advanced analytics. Intelligent insights.
IXICO is a fast growing and profitable medical data analytics company, providing data management and advanced analytics to the pharmaceutical clinical trials market. Established in 2004 and listed as a public company in 2013, IXICO has firmly established itself as a trusted partner to the global pharmaceutical industry, developing new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease.
Our purpose is to advance medicine and human health by turning data into clinically meaningful information, providing valuable new insights in neuroscience and our goal is to be a leading proponent of artificial intelligence in medical image analysis. We will achieve this by developing and deploying breakthrough data analytics, at scale, through our remote access technology platform, to improve the return on investment in drug development and reduce risk and uncertainty in clinical trials for our pharmaceutical clients.
We are guided by our “4A” values:
These are at the heart of our culture and empower our people to contribute to our mission of improving patient outcomes. We recognise that we will only succeed in realising our purpose and achieve our business goals by bringing together the essential human skills needed to innovate and continuously enhance our cutting-edge technologies in support of our customers’ endeavours.
To help us deliver our medical image analysis solutions to large clinical trials we are hiring an experienced Project Manager in a full-time capacity.
Purpose of the Role
The Project Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of clinical trials and research/collaborative studies, providing oversight and direction to IXICO project delivery team members for the full project life cycle for assigned projects. The projects encompass a variety of indications and trial phases and will include those in start-up or complex delivery stages.
This is a key role within the Operations Team ensuring successful delivery of IXICO’s projects, achieving targets, and delivering continuous improvement. This position interfaces with other departments within IXICO and externally with sponsors, partners, sites and subcontractors and vendors and the Project Manager will be responsible for developing lasting relationships with IXICO’s sponsors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The key deliverables for this role include:
- Meeting contracted scope, revenue, and budget targets for a portfolio of projects.
- Setting, monitoring, and meeting key delivery metrics and KPIs.
- Planning resources and forecasting work activities.
- Managing subcontractors and vendors for project deliverables and logistics.
- Identifying areas of improvement and developing plans to address these areas.
- Support Business Development and input to new project proposals, attending bid defences and conferences, as necessary.
Within each assigned project, the Project Manager is responsible for:
- Assessing proposed scope of work in a study proposal or change order can be delivered against desired sponsor timelines and against acceptable operating margin as set by IXICO leadership.
- Operational sign-off for study or change order budgets and review/approval of Statement of Work before contract execution.
- Functioning as the main point of contact for clients, imaging centres and vendors, throughout the project lifecycle from start-up through close-out.
- Development and implementation of project plans and timelines via internal and external kick-off meetings ensuring agreement by all parties.
- Development and delivery of presentations for investigator meetings and kick off meetings, as necessary.
- Coordinating cross functional teams, including external 3rd parties/vendors when necessary, to ensure efficient delivery of all project requirements.
- Provide project updates to clients on a regular basis, including conducting routine client calls and maintaining accurate meeting minutes.
- Revenue forecasting, milestone and invoice tracking and coordinating budget updates.
- Escalating issues to management, including delivery related risks, as appropriate and leading on timely resolution of CAPAs on assigned projects.
- Meeting project management metrics on assigned projects, including quality, compliance, KPI and revenue objectives.
- Ensuring project(s) audit/inspection readiness at all times.
- Maintaining project documentation and ensuring compliance with SOPs and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and skills required for the role:
- Degree level (preferably business or life sciences) with strong academic performance or equivalent education or work experience.
- Minimum 4 years of Project Management experience with multiple projects of varying complexities across all project life-cycle phases.
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of clinical research phases, the processes involved in the planning and management of a clinical trial, and the application of these in day-to-day responsibilities in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide deliverables accurately, on time and on budget across assigned projects.
- Minimum desired 4 years’ experience managing aspects of clinical trials
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven independent and remote working abilities.
- Proven track record of resolving conflict and managing competing priorities.
- Must be highly organised and motivated with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strategic awareness and an ability to consider the longer-term impact of decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with co-workers and clients.
- This role will require collaboration between our teams in the United States and United Kingdom, as well as with Sponsors in countries worldwide. Meetings and calls may take place outside of standard work hours.
- Demonstrated ability to present to audiences of seniority in-person and remotely.
- Comfortable working in a matrix structure.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software applications and in clinical data management systems.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Generous employer pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO
- Annual salary review
- Life Assurance scheme
- Various discounts in retail, food & drink and entertainment through our benefit portal
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and empowered team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
This is a great opportunity for a strong and experienced Project Manager to thrive in an engaging and fast-paced environment, to make a difference on an every day basis.
If you think IXICO should meet you, please send us your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com. We are looking forward to your application. Please note that due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation our entire business is operating remotely. If you have got any questions about this please reach out to our careers team.