Advanced analytics. Intelligent insights.
IXICO plc (AIM: IXI), is a leading neuroimaging Contract Research Organization (CRO), delivering advanced Ai analytical insights in neuroscience to the global clinical trials market. Established in 2004, listed as a public company in 2013, IXICO has firmly established itself as a trusted partner to the global life sciences industry, supporting the development of new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis.
With our focus on neuroscience, our purpose is to advance human health by turning data into clinically valuable insights; helping our clients reduce clinical development risk and improve return on investment from their clinical development programmes. We achieve this by combining Ai machine learning imaging biomarker analysis, together with centralised neuroimaging CRO services to provide an integrated service covering every stage of clinical development through to post-marketing surveillance. We are committed to invest in continuously enhancing our validated and peer reviewed disease optimised machine learning Ai analytics services and our infrastructure and technology to support our ambitious growth strategy. Our people are empowered to enable us to achieve our company goals and their own personal development through the “4A” values at the heart of our culture: Aspiration, Ability, Agility and Accountability.
To help us deliver our medical image analysis solutions to large clinical trials we are hiring an experienced Project Manager in a full-time capacity. In addition, IXICO will support the Project Manager to further develop their project management skills and knowledge by financially supporting them to undertake the APM Project Management Qualification.
Purpose of the Role
The Project Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of clinical trials and research/collaborative studies, providing oversight and direction to IXICO project delivery team members for the full project life cycle for assigned projects. The projects encompass a variety of indications and trial phases and will include those in start-up or complex delivery stages.
This is a key role within the Operations Team ensuring successful delivery of IXICO’s projects, achieving targets, and delivering continuous improvement. This position interfaces with other departments within IXICO and externally with sponsors, partners, sites and subcontractors and vendors and the Project Manager will be responsible for developing lasting relationships with IXICO’s sponsors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The key deliverables for this role include:
- Meeting contracted scope, revenue, and budget targets for a portfolio of projects.
- Setting, monitoring, and meeting key delivery metrics and KPIs.
- Planning resources and forecasting work activities.
- Managing subcontractors and vendors for project deliverables and logistics.
- Identifying areas of improvement and developing plans to address these areas.
- Support Business Development and input to new project proposals, attending bid defences and conferences, as necessary.
Within each assigned project, the Project Manager is responsible for:
- Assessing proposed scope of work in a study proposal or change order can be delivered against desired sponsor timelines and against acceptable operating margin as set by IXICO leadership.
- Operational sign-off for study or change order budgets and review/approval of Statement of Work before contract execution.
- Functioning as the main point of contact for clients, imaging centres and vendors, throughout the project lifecycle from start-up through close-out.
- Development and implementation of project plans and timelines via internal and external kick-off meetings ensuring agreement by all parties.
- Development and delivery of presentations for investigator meetings and kick off meetings, as necessary.
- Coordinating cross functional teams, including external 3rd parties/vendors when necessary, to ensure efficient delivery of all project requirements.
- Provide project updates to clients on a regular basis, including conducting routine client calls and maintaining accurate meeting minutes.
- Revenue forecasting, milestone and invoice tracking and coordinating budget updates.
- Escalating issues to management, including delivery related risks, as appropriate and leading on timely resolution of CAPAs on assigned projects.
- Meeting project management metrics on assigned projects, including quality, compliance, KPI and revenue objectives.
- Ensuring project(s) audit/inspection readiness at all times.
- Maintaining project documentation and ensuring compliance with SOPs and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and skills required for the role:
- Degree level (preferably business or life sciences) with strong academic performance or equivalent education or work experience.
- Minimum 4 years of Project Management experience with multiple projects of varying complexities across all project life-cycle phases.
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of clinical research phases, the processes involved in the planning and management of a clinical trial, and the application of these in day-to-day responsibilities in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide deliverables accurately, on time and on budget across assigned projects.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven independent and remote working abilities.
- Proven track record of resolving conflict and managing competing priorities.
- Must be highly organised and motivated with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strategic awareness and an ability to consider the longer-term impact of decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with co-workers and clients.
- This role will require collaboration between our teams in the United States and United Kingdom, as well as with Sponsors in countries worldwide. Meetings and calls may take place outside of standard work hours.
- Demonstrated ability to present to audiences of seniority in-person and remotely.
- Comfortable working in a matrix structure.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software applications and in clinical data management systems.
- Minimum desired 4 years’ experience managing aspects of clinical trials.
- Competitive remuneration package including benchmarked salaries.
- Staff Annual Bonus Plans and Annual Salary Review.
- Generous employer pension contribution of 6%.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO.
- Life Assurance of 4x annual salary.
- Employee Benefits Portal, Perkbox offering various discounts in retail, food & drink, and entertainment.
- Engaging and social environment, with fundraising and sporting activities and seasonal events such as Summer and Christmas parties.
- Wellbeing initiatives such as eye tests, flu jabs, and Mental Health Awareness Training.
- Employee Assistance Programme offering advice and support on a wide range of topics.
- Hybrid working model pattern split between working at our vibrant head office in the City of London and remotely.
- Reimbursement allowance to purchase equipment to support working from home.
- Generous employee referral scheme offering £2,000 for referring a successful candidate to the company.
- Financial assistance for professional qualifications.
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day.
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and empowered team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
This is a great opportunity for a strong and experienced Project Manager to thrive in an engaging and fast-paced environment, to make a difference on an everyday basis.
If you think IXICO should meet you, please send us your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to your application. Please note that our entire business is operating under a Hybrid-Working Model. If you have got any questions about this please reach out to our careers team.