Advanced analytics. Intelligent insights.
IXICO is a fast growing and profitable medical data analytics company, providing data management and advanced analytics to the pharmaceutical clinical trials market. Established in 2004 and listed as a public company in October 2013, IXICO has firmly established itself as a trusted partner to the global pharmaceutical industry developing new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease.
Our integrated technology offering encompasses every stage of clinical drug development through to post marketing surveillance and we continue to invest in infrastructure and innovation to support our ambitious growth strategy. Our competitive advantage is our dedication to address complex unmet clinical research needs by partnering and collaborating with clients and academic partners early in the drug development cycle to identify and validate promising new imaging and digital biomarkers.
We are now looking to hire a Marketing Communications Manager on a 12 months fixed term contract as maternity cover.
Chief Commercial Officer
Purpose of the Role
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for driving the full range of IXICO’s communication activity to a range of stakeholders:
- Pharmaceutical Clients
- Academic collaborators and commercial partners
- Employees (working in concert with the HR team)
- The investment community
The role holder manages the Marketing communication plan and ensures execution of a strong pipeline of PR, IR and client webinar & conference opportunities.
- The incumbent will own the IXICO marketing communications plan, updating this on at least a bi-monthly basis and implementing the actions required to deliver this; measuring return on investment and ensuring that appropriate resource is available to execute on the plan.
- Developing and implementing an internal approval process, ensuring that material is developed within the policy and approved by nominated stakeholders (internal and external) before release.
- Manage the appointed PR/IR advisors and other marcomms/IR service providers to ensure execution on the plan and that internal resources are available.
- Ensure that all IXICO press releases are developed and issued in a timely way, working closely with the external PR agency to ensure that they are compliant with London Stock Exchange rules on disclosure.
- Manage IXICO’s library of marketing material, including presentations, proposal templates, literature and brochures, images, track record and ensure that these are kept up to date and available to the team.
- Create a scorecard to measure the success of our online and offline marketing activities.
- Client engagement:
- Develop a plan to generate interest in the company’s offering, liaising with business development staff to provide new business opportunities
- Develop a plan for close client engagement to elicit publications and endorsements
- Conduct client surveys from time to time to measure satisfaction and better understand client needs
- Prepare and issue customer newsletters using automated marketing tools (e.g. Act-On) and keep contact databases up to date and compliant with relevant legislation (e.g. GDPR)
- Plan IXICO’s attendance at key scientific meetings, managing the annual budget, evaluating value for money and recommending the investment in specific events and ensuring the right resource attends, as well as co-ordinating all necessary logistic matters.
- Manage IXICO’s attendance at industry events (e.g. awards, networking, investor meetings)
- Lead the preparation of the annual report publication (which incorporates regulated material), working closely with finance colleagues and external stakeholders to ensure that this is completed on time and to budget
- Support senior leadership in preparation of presentation collateral for use in investor meetings.
- Online tools development:
- Keep IXICO’s website up to date as and when required by the marketing communications plan; identify opportunities to drive traffic to the sites and develop and execute the plan (with budget approval)
- Periodically review IXICO’s service providers and ensuring the best available rates for the company
- Ownership and management of IXICO’s social media accounts (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc) with regular updates
- Contribute to the wider team effort by completing related tasks as needed.
- Life science degree; preferably with a marketing qualification or extensive track record.
- >6 years’ digital marketing experience within the life sciences industry in an international marketing role.
- Robust ability to develop and execute marketing plans, particularly via online tools and social media platforms.
Knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Prior experience of working in a technical/scientific organisation is highly desirable.
- Strong organisation skills and working to tight deadlines.
- Creative thinking and sound judgement for PR processes.
- Strong on process and stakeholder management.
- Proven ability to integrate well into small organisations.
- Good interpersonal skills and strong persuasion skills.
- Comfortably communicating across all levels of seniority, both internally and externally.
- Willingness to direct activity through others as well as execute tasks independently.
- Strong presentation skills and written communication skills.
- Strong team player and ability to work autonomously.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Generous employer pension contribution of 6%
- 25 days annual leave, in addition to all UK public holidays
- Various discounts in retail, food & drink and entertainment through our benefit portal
- Life Assurance scheme
- A very supportive and highly motivated team
- An industry where your work has an impact every single day
Personal Qualities = 4 A’s
The Company measures itself against the four key values of Aspiration, Ability, Agility and Accountability. The role holder will set Aspirational goals for Clinical Operations functions to ensure adherence to budgets, forecasts, and customer requirements, as well as simplifying and streamlining delivery, monitoring, and reporting processes. The role will require an individual of significant Ability and extensive experience in operational delivery in fast-paced environments, to lead, structure and develop a rapidly growing team of operational colleagues and line managers. The successful candidate will work with Agility to make impactful changes in the effectiveness and improved efficiency of IXICO’s operational delivery. Finally, the role requires an individual who relishes the Accountability that comes with the responsibility for IXICO’s Clinical Operations and delivering to ambitious growth and expansion targets.
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
If you think IXICO should meet you, please send us your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com. We are looking forward to your application!
As an employer we are obviously conscious about the Coronavirus outbreak, as the health & safety as well as the mental wellbeing of our employees are our top priority. We seek to provide all necessary support to our employees and colleagues in these uncertain times. For IXICO's response on Covid-19, please see here.