One business, one mission: improving brain health through the application of digital technologies.
IXICO is a fast growing and profitable medical data analytics company, providing data management and advanced analytics to the pharmaceutical clinical trials market. Established in 2004 and listed as a public company on AIM in October 2013, IXICO has firmly established itself as a trusted partner to the global pharmaceutical industry developing new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease.
And our people make all this happen. We have a passionate, dedicated team, bringing together the essential skills needed to innovate and develop cutting-edge technologies, provide the support our customers need and enhance our service offering.
As our business continues to grow we are now looking to hire a Management Accountant (full-time).
Group Financial Accountant
Purpose of the Role
The Management Accountant will provide support to the month end process through accurate and efficient management accounting and reporting. We are looking for someone who wants to actively contribute to the development of the department by identifying and implementing improvements to the finance function.
- Play a key role in the month end process from detailed ledger transactions to preparation of supporting schedules;
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including commentary on monthly transactions and resolving discrepancies promptly;
- Ownership of revenue and gross margin reporting inputs, including monitoring of accurate project revenues and maintenance of the Group’s timesheet process;
- Support the review of forex gains / losses and intercompany transactions including transfer pricing, and settlement of on-going charges; and
- Support the Group Financial Accountant in the preparation of monthly finance report, through providing commentary on:
- Monthly P&L / balance sheet / Equity movements;
- Actuals against budget / forecast variance analysis;
- Movements in KPIs.
- Working together with the Accounts Assistant through peer review of financial information & accounting records;
- Supporting the annual and interim report preparation of financial statements for a UK plc, 1 UK and 1 US subsidiary;
- Assist during the audit process through dealing with queries and requests for supporting information;
- Assisting with queries for the preparation of the corporation tax computation and review of VAT submission;
- Ensure progress made in respect of audit findings including ongoing financial systems improvements;
- Ensure all financial processes are followed in accordance with company Standard Operating Procedures & GCP regulation (‘Good Clinical Practice’); and
- Provide ad hoc reporting to support management decision-making.
System improvements and partnering
- Key team player in the implementation of improvements to Sage Accounting to aid in increasing quality and efficient month end processes; and
- Provide support to members of Finance with business partnering activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required for the Role
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA)
- 2-3 years post qualified experience
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS
- Strong Excel skills & good knowledge of the MS Suite
- Previous experience with accounting packages, with particular preference on Sage 200
- Ability to stay focused and prioritise effectively in day-to-day activities
- A solution-driven approach to deliver on deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- An excellent communicator & teamplayer
- Track record of finance process improvements
- Generous employer pension contribution of 6%
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO
- Various discounts in retail, food & drink and entertainment through our benefit portal
- Annual salary review and discretionary company bonus scheme
- Life Assurance scheme
- A very sociable, supportive and highly motivated team
- A high-growth company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
If you think IXICO should meet you, send us your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to your application!