Advanced analytics. Intelligent insights.
IXICO plc (AIM: IXI), is a leading neuroimaging Contract Research Organization (CRO), delivering advanced Ai analytical insights in neuroscience to the global clinical trials market. Established in 2004, listed as a public company in 2013, IXICO has firmly established itself as a trusted partner to the global life sciences industry, supporting the development of new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis.
With our focus on neuroscience, our purpose is to advance human health by turning data into clinically valuable insights; helping our clients reduce clinical development risk and improve return on investment from their clinical development programmes. We achieve this by combining Ai machine learning imaging biomarker analysis, together with centralised neuroimaging CRO services to provide an integrated service covering every stage of clinical development through to post-marketing surveillance. We are committed to invest in continuously enhancing our validated and peer reviewed disease optimised machine learning Ai analytics services and our infrastructure and technology to support our ambitious growth strategy. Our people are empowered to enable us to achieve our company goals and their own personal development through the “4A” values at the heart of our culture: Aspiration, Ability, Agility and Accountability.
To help us deliver our medical image analysis solutions to large clinical trials we are hiring an experienced IT Systems Engineer/Senior Systems Administrator in a full-time capacity.
Purpose of the Role:
The IT Systems Engineer/Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for providing the expertise and skills required to support, maintain, and improve the company’s internal infrastructure to ensure it’s reliable, secure and continues to meet the company’s needs. Working with external vendors and internal resources, the IT Systems Engineer/Senior Systems Administrator will ensure that IT systems and services meeting the company’s quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service in person and remotely (phone, email etc.)
- Maintain the operations of the company’s end user devices, and networking and communications platforms
- Assure compliance with relevant standards and benchmarks for IT security and reliability
- Manage user accounts and access levels
- Proactively identify and flag potential risks and weaknesses of IT systems
- Support IXICO users and others through the provision of agile and flexible IT infrastructure services
- Participate actively in the IT Daily Stand-up meetings
- Assist in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning and testing
- Provide logistical support for hybrid working by organising equipment shipments, returns of IT equipment, attend and carry out IT support duties at IXICO`s Long Lane office on a regular basis sometimes at quite short notice.
- Be on-site in the London office 3 days a week and 2 days remotely from home.
- IT Induction and training of new starters/existing users.
- Provide reasonable on-call support outside of core working hours to assure business-critical IT matters can be addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Quality team with customer and prospect audits and the relevant departmental due diligence.
- Support Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning, testing user equipment (office/remote).
- Support the relevant IT Systems:
- MS365/Teams/SharePoint, Hybrid Active Directory Solution, Exchange Online, Intune, Automation of App Deployments
Infrastructure networks (public WAN, private LAN, Wi-Fi)
- Firewalls and switches
- VPN tunnels
- Printers & scanners configurations
- Accounts - set-up, maintenance and shut-down
- Groups - access controls for shared facilities
- Firewall(s) - configuration and upgrades including controlled access to VPN
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Vulnerability scanning, risk assessment and system patching/configuration
- Ability to identify/prevent malicious use of IT systems
- Windows Identity Management
- Conditional Access
- Security Policies
- Windows Web Server hardening/configuration
- LAN, Wi-Fi and Internet access, Core/Advanced Switching aspects and management.
- Automated provisioning of laptops and management of licensed software where appropriate.
- Provision of Cloud Phone Solution accounts and mobile phone systems
- Server systems
- Production systems (in house software, business and quality systems)
- Provision & maintenance of Windows based virtual machines
- R&D support (both for the development team and the science team)
- Testing, verification and validation, UAT systems
- Internally and externally hosted or cloud based
Qualifications and skills required for the role:
- Educated to degree level (BSc. In Computer Science or equivalent) or, alternatively, an exceptional candidate
- Excellent communication skills in the English language (oral and written); ability to converse effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- Detailed knowledge and proven work experience in Microsoft environments (On-Premise and in Azure Cloud)
- Detailed knowledge and proven work experience with Windows Virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V, Azure)
- Detailed knowledge and proven work experience in managing Windows Server, Windows Web Services (IIS) and Security.
- Experience of automated provisioning of End User devices including laptops & mobile phones
- Proven practical experience of Microsoft 365 services and their governance, Microsoft Teams, Hybrid Active Directory Solution, Intune etc.
- Networking (CCNA or higher certification) and proven experience in managing firewalls, switches, Intrusion Detection/Prevention
- Experience with IT Security aspects - Anti-virus, Security updates etc.
- Familiarity with Virtualisation technologies
- Experience with Asset management services for IT equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of the company and external stakeholders.
- Effective time management including prioritising tasks.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Highly organised with great attention to detail.
- Understands working within a defined quality process.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Up to date certifications in relevant Microsoft areas
- Some basic familiarity with Linux/Unix environments
- Represent IT as Subject Matter Expert in Client Audits
- Competitive remuneration package including benchmarked salaries.
- Staff Annual Bonus Plans and Annual Salary Review.
- Generous employer pension contribution of 6%.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO.
- Life Assurance of 4x annual salary.
- Employee Benefits Portal, Perkbox offering various discounts in retail, food & drink, and entertainment.
- Engaging and social environment, with fundraising and sporting activities and seasonal events such as Summer and Christmas parties.
- Wellbeing initiatives such as eye tests, flu jabs, and Mental Health Awareness Training.
- Employee Assistance Programme offering advice and support on a wide range of topics.
- Hybrid working model pattern split between working at our vibrant head office in the City of London and remotely.
- Reimbursement allowance to purchase equipment to support working from home.
- Generous employee referral scheme offering £2,000 for referring a successful candidate to the company.
- Financial assistance for professional qualifications.
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day.
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and empowered team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
This is a great opportunity for a strong and experienced IT Systems Engineer/Senior Systems Administrator to thrive in an engaging and fast-paced environment, to make a difference on an everyday basis.
If you think IXICO should meet you, please send us your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com or apply directly via LinkedIn. We are looking forward to your application.
Please note that our entire business is operating under a Hybrid-Working Model, where employees are required to attend our London office 2 days a week. If you have got any questions about this please reach out to our careers team.