One business, one mission: improving brain health through the application of digital technologies.
Established in 2004 and listed as a public company in October 2013, IXICO has established itself as a trusted partner to the global biopharma industry, providing technology-enabled speciality services. Our neuroscience expertise in image data management and analysis provides specialist data analytics services, which are applied on some of the most important clinical trials in neuroscience, providing valuable insights to disease progression and patient safety, enabling our clients to make better informed decisions earlier in the clinical development pathway.
And our people make all this happen. We have a passionate, dedicated team, bringing together the essential skills needed to innovate and develop cutting-edge technologies, provide the support our customers need and enhance our service offering.
As our team continues to grow we are now looking to hire a Image Analyst Team Lead/Supervisor.
As a member of this you will be exposed to high profile projects in the field of clinical trials (e.g. Dementia, Huntington's disease, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, psychosis). We are looking for candidates who have a background in Science, Medical Imaging, Biomedical Engineering, Neurosciences or related and are available on a full-time basis.
Purpose of the Role:
The Image Analyst Supervisor (IAS) position is responsible for supporting the Image Processing (IP) Manager (IPM) with overall operations of the Image Processing (IP) team. The responsibilities will include line management Associate Image Analysts (AIA) and Image Analysts (IA), the day-to-day supervision of image quality checking (QC), site management and image analysis activities across all projects. The IAS will also be required to perform image QC, resolve data issues and perform image analysis for clinical data received by IXICO in active clinical trials and research studies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Line management of AIAs and IAs within the IP team including setting targets and activities for AIAs and IAs and monitoring of these targets.
- Provide performance feedback, workload balancing and job development for IP staff.
- Train and mentor AIAs and IAs as and when required.
- Deputise for the IP Manager.
- Proactively keep IP Manager informed about work progress and any issues (including conflicting priorities and free capacity).
- Qualitative review of images (MRI, PET, CT etc), identifying any problems which may affect subsequent quantitative analysis or radiological review.
- Ongoing site support for imaging related questions, upload and technical issues.
- Performing image analysis, such as whole brain delineation and LEAP endpoint QC, after suitable training has been completed, as required.
- Meeting image QC turn-around-times and allocated endpoint QC targets assigned by the Image Processing & Analysis Manager.
- Performing functions assigned by the Image Processing & Analysis Manager and Project Managers in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP) and work instructions (WI).
- Supporting the Image Processing (IP) team in reaching key deliverables.
- Providing feedback on improvements in the image QC, analysis and site management processes.
- Effectively communicate with Data Management team and Software Development team as part of user requirements gathering and testing/validation.
- Communicate and/or demonstrate IP processes e.g. analysis methods to third parties, as required.
- Assist in developing, implementing and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures for the IP team.
- Oversight of CAPAs and support the team in completing CAPAs.
- Perform other duties as requested.
The IAS may also be responsible for but not limited to:
- Be responsible for query management for data and image queries.
- Provide input into developing and improving site management documentation, SOPs and WIs.
- Provide Project Managers with regular updates on image QC, data query or site qualification status.
- Conduct and assist IP & Analysis Manager with analysis forecasting and resource planning.
The Image Analyst Supervisor role will operationally report into the IP Delivery Team and will maintain open and positive, collaborative channels of communication with all colleagues, clients, contractors, vendors as well as sites, as applicable. In order to be successful, you will need to effectively communicate with the Science, Development, and Business Operations Team at IXICO, and with external institutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required for the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree (neuroimaging or life sciences) or equivalent scientific or analytical experience.
- Commercial education or experience in a similar role (minimum 3 years preferred).
- Minimum 2-year line management experience in relevant industry.
- Proactive ‘hands-on’ approach while delegating effectively to staff to make best use of the skills within the team.
- Good understanding of anatomy and its presentation within various imaging modalities.
- Good understanding of clinical research phases and the processes involved in the planning and management of a clinical trial.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritise competing tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow established procedures.
- Highly motivated, proactive and organised.
- Ability to work independently and in a highly regulated environment.
- Intermediate to advanced in the use of Microsoft Office software applications and clinical data management systems.
- Assisting with setting, monitoring and meeting key delivery metrics within the Operations team to customer expectations.
- Providing input into efficiency targets.
- Generous employer pension contribution of 6%
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO
- Various discounts in retail, food & drink and entertainment through our benefit portal
- Annual salary review and company bonus scheme
- Life Assurance scheme
- A very sociable, supportive and highly motivated team
- A modern working environment and excellent location in the heart of the City of London
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
This is a great opportunity for a clinical trials professional to thrive in an engaging and fast-paced environment, to make a difference on an every day basis. You will be given support to enable you to grow with your challenges, and we pride ourselves to be a sociable and diverse bunch of people, who are all working together on one big mission: Improving brain health. Will you join us?
If you think IXICO should meet you, send us your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com. We are looking forward to your application!