Advanced analytics. Intelligent insights.
IXICO is a fast-growing medical imaging technology company, providing advanced analytics to the global clinical trials market. Established in 2004 and listed as a public company in 2013, IXICO has firmly established itself as a trusted partner to the global life sciences industry, helping develop new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Huntington’s disease.
With our focus on neuroscience, our purpose is to advance human health by turning data into clinically valuable insights, helping our clients reduce clinical development risk and improve return on investment. We achieve this by deploying breakthrough data analytics through our Artificial Intelligence-led technology platform, with an integrated service covering every stage of clinical development through to post-marketing surveillance. We continue to invest in our infrastructure and technology to support our ambitious growth strategy, which we are empowered to achieve through the “4A” values at the heart of our culture: Aspiration, Ability, Agility and Accountability.
To help us deliver our medical image analysis solutions to large clinical trials we are hiring an experienced Clinical Project Management Director in a full-time capacity.
Purpose of the Role
The Clinical Project Management Director is a hybrid role consisting of a combination of direct, hands-on project management responsibilities and line management responsibilities. The Clinical Project Management Director will lead the Project Management team and provide oversight, direction, and performance deliverables for their full project life cycle support to all assigned projects. The Clinical Project Management Director will be responsible for the overall coordination and management of clinical trials from start-up through to close out activities according to contractual time, quality, and cost parameters. The role will be accountable for the accurate financial reporting of all the clinical trials managed by their team.
The role holder will be required to identify, mitigate, escalate project issues, and ensure solutions are implemented. Moreover, will be accountable for ensuring that all project deliverables meet the client and contract expectations, adhering to company standards and processes while ensuring overall client satisfaction.
The Clinical Project Management Director will be responsible for training, mentoring and line managing both established and new Project Managers including supporting and developing in planning and preparation, escalation issues, customer meetings and setting priorities, tasks, and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Line and Team Management Responsibilities:
- Act as key relationship manager and main point of contact for Associate/Senior/Project managers and Associate Director of Project Management.
- Provide feedback and support during the recruitment and induction process of new Project Managers.
- Accountable for the selection, training, performance management and mentoring of Project Managers at all levels.
- Identify and assist in departmental training requirements including internal and external operations and Project Manager mentor programs.
- Recruit, motivate and develop the team.
- Ensure competence is maintained in line with current portfolio requirements.
- Provide ongoing mentorship, coaching, feedback, and ongoing training to Project Manager including addressing performance issues, conducting formal performance appraisals, and creating development plans.
- Coordinate Project Team Meetings, including development of meeting agendas and minutes.
- Ensure effective communication and working relationships are established and maintained across the organisation and stakeholders.
- Monitor the overall direction, strategy, and performance standards for the Project Management team in conjunction with SVP Operations.
- Provide advice and counsel project managers to streamline project coordination decision-making.
- Work closely with SVP Operations to review and improve Project Management processes and practices.
- Maintaining project documentation and ensuring compliance with SOPs and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the analysis and development of Project Management Department budgets.
- Manage resource and workload allocation.
- Manage and report on the financial status of the clinical studies under the team’s responsibility.
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Acting as the main point of contact for clients, imaging centres, and vendors throughout the project lifecycle from start-up through close out.
- Assessing if the proposed scope of work in a study proposal or change order can be delivered against desired sponsor timelines and against acceptable operating margin as set by IXICO leadership.
- Operational sign-off for study or change order budgets and review/approval of Statement of Work before contract execution.
- Development and implementation of project plans and timelines via internal and external kick-off meetings ensuring agreement by all parties.
- Coordinating cross functional teams including external 3rd parties/vendors to ensure efficient processing of project requirements.
- Identify unusual or significant problems encountered during a clinical trial and proposes strategies for preventing or correcting significant problems.
- Provide project updates to clients on a regular basis, including conducting routine client teleconferences and maintaining accurate meeting minutes.
- Revenue forecasting, milestone and invoice tracking and coordinating budget updates.
- Escalating issues to management, including delivery related risks, as appropriate and leading on timely resolution of CAPAs.
- Meeting project management metrics including quality, compliance, KPI and revenue objectives.
- Ensuring project(s) audit/inspection readiness at all times.
- Manage key relationships with clients to clearly understand their clinical trial goals.
The key deliverables for this role include:
- Meeting revenue and budget targets for a project or portfolio of projects.
- Setting, monitoring, and meeting key delivery metrics.
- Planning resources and forecasting work.
- Identifying areas of improvement and developing plans to address these areas.
- Developing, implement, maintaining, and monitoring process changes and ensuring that such changes are correctly adopted into the Project Management department.
- Support Business Development and input to new project proposals including attending bid defences and conferences as and when required.
- Line management and development of team of Project Managers.
Qualifications and skills required for the role:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree preferably in life sciences/medical/technology field with strong academic performance or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of Project Management/Planning experience with multiple projects of varying complexities across all project life-cycle phases.
- Minimum of 5 years PM leadership experience.
- Strong leadership skills with proven experience to effectively lead project management team across multiple projects.
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of clinical research phases, the processes involved in the planning and management of a clinical trial, and the application of these in day-to-day responsibilities in a regulated environment.
- Thorough working knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, including ICH Guidelines, FDA's Code of Federal Regulations, Clinical Research Ethics, GDPR/HIPAA, and other regional and local requirements and regulations.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (MS Excel and PowerPoint in particular) and in clinical data management systems.
- Excellent understanding of clinical research phases.
- Experience in collaborative academic and/or commercial healthcare projects.
- Ability to provide deliverables accurately, on time and on budget across all assigned projects.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills including ability to present to substantial audiences both in person and remotely.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of resolving conflict and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly organised and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Proactive ‘hands-on’ approach while delegating effectively to make best use of the skills within the team.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Association Project Management (APM) certification obtained or in progress.
- Experience with imaging-based clinical trials.
- Strong commercial and strategic awareness.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Generous employer pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO
- Annual salary review
- Life Assurance scheme
- Various discounts in retail, food & drink and entertainment through our benefit portal
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and empowered team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
This is a great opportunity for a strong and experienced Clinical Project Management Director to thrive in an engaging and fast-paced environment, to make a difference on an every day basis.
If you think IXICO should meet you, please send us your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to your application. Please note that our entire business is operating under a Hybrid-Working Model. If you have got any questions about this please reach out to our careers team.