Advanced analytics. Intelligent insights.
IXICO is a fast growing and profitable medical imaging technology company, providing advanced analytics to the global pharmaceutical clinical trials market. Established in 2004 and listed as a public company in October 2013, IXICO has firmly established itself as a trusted partner to the global pharmaceutical industry, developing new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease.
Our purpose is to advance medicine and human health by turning data into clinically meaningful information, providing valuable new insights in neuroscience with the goal of improving the return on investment in clinical development and reducing the risk and uncertainty in clinical trials for our pharmaceutical clients. We will achieve this by developing and deploying breakthrough data analytics, at scale, through our remote access, integrated, Artificial Intelligence-led technology platform.
Our integrated technology offering covers every stage of clinical drug development through to post marketing surveillance and we continue to invest in infrastructure and innovation to support our ambitious growth strategy. Our competitive advantage is our dedication to address complex unmet clinical needs by partnering and collaborating with clients and academic partners early in the drug development cycle to identify and validate promising new imaging and digital biomarkers.
Our “4A” values: Aspiration. Ability. Agility. Accountability. These are at the heart of our culture and empower our people to make all this happen. We recognise that we will only succeed in realising our purpose by bringing together the essential skills needed to innovate and develop cutting-edge technologies and to continuously enhance our service offering to support our clients’ endeavours.
To help us deliver our medical image analysis solutions to large clinical trials we are hiring an experienced Associate Director Project Management in a full-time capacity.
Purpose of the Role
The Associate Director Project Management is a hybrid role consisting of 50% direct, hands-on project management responsibilities and 50% line management responsibilities. The Associate Director Project Management will lead a small team of Project Managers and provide oversight and direction for their full project life cycle support to all assigned projects. The Associate Director Project Management be responsible for the overall coordination and management of clinical trials from start-up through to close out activities according to contractual time, quality, and cost parameters. The role holder will be required to identify, mitigate, escalate project issues, and ensure solutions are implemented. Moreover, will be accountable for ensuring that all project deliverables meet the client and contract expectations, adhering to company standards and processes while ensuring overall client satisfaction.
The Associate Director Project Management will be responsible for training, mentoring and line managing both established and new Project Managers including supporting and developing in planning and preparation, escalation issues, customer meetings and setting priorities, tasks, and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acting as the main point of contact for clients, imaging centres, and vendors throughout the project lifecycle from start-up through close out.
- Assessing if the proposed scope of work in a study proposal or change order can be delivered against desired sponsor timelines and against acceptable operating margin as set by IXICO leadership.
- Operational sign-off for study or change order budgets and review/approval of Statement of Work before contract execution.
- Development and implementation of project plans and timelines via internal and external kick-off meetings ensuring agreement by all parties.
- Coordinating cross functional teams including external 3rd parties/vendors to ensure efficient processing of project requirements.
- Identify unusual or significant problems encountered during the course of a clinical trial and proposes strategies for preventing or correcting significant problems.
- Provide project updates to clients on a regular basis, including conducting routine client teleconferences and maintaining accurate meeting minutes.
- Revenue forecasting, milestone and invoice tracking and coordinating budget updates.
- Escalating issues to management, including delivery related risks, as appropriate and leading on timely resolution of CAPAs.
- Meeting project management metrics including quality, compliance, KPI and revenue objectives.
- Ensuring project(s) audit/inspection readiness at all times.
- Maintaining project documentation and ensuring compliance with SOPs and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the analysis and development of Project Management Department budgets.
- Identifies and assists in departmental training requirements including internal and external operations and project manager mentor programs.
Line Management Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the line management of Project Managers and Senior Project Managers.
- Manage resource and workload allocation.
- Recruit, motivate and develop the team.
- Ensure competence is maintained in line with current portfolio requirements.
- Provide ongoing coaching, feedback, and training including addressing performance issues, conducting formal performance appraisals and creating development plans.
- Coordinates Project Team Meetings, including development of meeting agendas and minutes.
The key deliverables for this role include:
- Meeting revenue and budget targets for a project or portfolio of projects.
- Setting, monitoring, and meeting key delivery metrics.
- Planning resources and forecasting work.
- Identifying areas of improvement and developing plans to address these areas.
- Developing, maintaining, and monitoring process changes and ensuring that such changes are correctly adopted into the Project Management department.
- Support Business Development and input to new project proposals including attending bid defences and conferences as and when required.
- Line management and development of team of Project Managers.
Qualifications and skills required for the role:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree preferably in life sciences field with strong academic performance or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of Project Management/Planning experience with multiple projects of varying complexities across all project life-cycle phases.
- Proven experience of effectively managing a team.
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of clinical research phases, the processes involved in the planning and management of a clinical trial, and the application of these in day-to-day responsibilities in a regulated environment.
- Thorough working knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, including ICH Guidelines, FDA's Code of Federal Regulations, Clinical Research Ethics, GDPR/HIPAA, and other regional and local requirements and regulations.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (MS Excel and PowerPoint in particular) and in clinical data management systems.
- Excellent understanding of clinical research phases.
- Experience in collaborative academic and/or commercial healthcare projects.
- Ability to provide deliverables accurately, on time and on budget across all assigned projects.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills including ability to present to substantial audiences both in person and remotely.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of resolving conflict and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly organised and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Proactive ‘hands-on’ approach while delegating effectively to make best use of the skills within the team.
- Strong strategic awareness.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Association Project Management (APM) certification obtained or in progress.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Generous employer pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO
- Annual salary review
- Life Assurance scheme
- Various discounts in retail, food & drink and entertainment through our benefit portal
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and empowered team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
This is a great opportunity for a strong and experienced Associate Director Project Management to thrive in an engaging and fast-paced environment, to make a difference on an every day basis.
If you think IXICO should meet you, please send us your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com. We are looking forward to your application. Please note that due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation our entire business is operating remotely. If you have got any questions about this please reach out to our careers team.