IXICO's Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
It is not possible to predict the spread of COVID-19, nor the actions that may be taken by national governments to contain the spread of disease. However, we would like to reassure our clients that, in line with our Business Continuity Plan (BCP), we have implemented appropriate and robust contingency plans to protect employee wellbeing and ensure continuity of service in the event that our locations are affected.
In response to the elevated risk, we have taken the following measures:
- A staff capability review has been conducted across all functions and we have cross-trained staff in delivery-critical processes to build additional capacity and flexibility.
- Each staff member has been provided with the necessary equipment to enable them to work from home if travel to their normal office location is not possible at any point. This capability has been recently tested to confirm its robustness.
- We are working closely with our long-term partners for radiology reading services to ensure continuity of service. At this time, we do not anticipate any restriction.
- In the event that a significant portion of our operational staff becomes unwell and is unable to work due to COVID-19 infection, to manage any short-term resource restriction, delivery of time-critical work such as radiology safety reading and data transfers will be prioritised to ensure their timely delivery as usual.
We have also implemented some additional short-term measures to reduce the risk of our employees contracting COVID-19. These include:
- Effective March 9th, cancelling all international travel for IXICO employees until further notice;
- Cancelling our attendance at local events where large crowds are anticipated;
- Cancelling local travel for face-to-face meetings in favour of virtual meetings, where appropriate;
- Introducing handwashing requirements on arrival and providing additional hand sanitisers throughout the site; and
- Implementing new site access guidelines to restrict visitors to our London headquarters.
We continue to monitor the situation closely and we will adapt our approach in response to government guidance and as directed by our BCP as the situation develops further. We will provide updated information should any additional actions be required.
In the meantime, we remain focused on supporting the wellbeing and safety of our staff and delivering our normal service levels to our clients.
With best regards
Chief Executive Officer