Advanced analytics. Intelligent insights.
IXICO plc (AIM: IXI), is a leading neuroimaging Contract Research Organization (CRO), delivering advanced Ai analytical insights in neuroscience to the global clinical trials market. Established in 2004, listed as a public company in 2013, IXICO has firmly established itself as a trusted partner to the global life sciences industry, supporting the development of new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis.
With our focus on neuroscience, our purpose is to advance human health by turning data into clinically valuable insights; helping our clients reduce clinical development risk and improve return on investment from their clinical development programmes. We achieve this by combining Ai machine learning imaging biomarker analysis, together with centralised neuroimaging CRO services to provide an integrated service covering every stage of clinical development through to post-marketing surveillance. We are committed to invest in continuously enhancing our validated and peer reviewed disease optimised machine learning Ai analytics services and our infrastructure and technology to support our ambitious growth strategy. Our people are empowered to enable us to achieve our company goals and their own personal development through the “4A” values at the heart of our culture: Aspiration, Ability, Agility and Accountability.
To help us deliver our medical image analysis solutions to large clinical trials we are hiring a newly-qualified Group Financial Accountant on a permanent full-time capacity.
Purpose of the Role:
- Delivery of accurate, complete, and timely Group and Company financial accounts and reports to the business on a monthly, half-yearly and annual basis.
- Delivery of accurate, complete, and timely Group and Company corporation tax and VAT submissions including calculation of the R&D tax credits in line with tax legislation.
- Delivering insights to financial information to business leaders in order to aid decision making.
- Provide technical accounting leadership and ownership of the financial accounting reporting system.
- Own AIM financial reporting requirements such as the annual report and interim statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the financial accounting of the Group, including coordination of the month end close activities and consolidation of the Group's monthly management reporting pack.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including commentary on monthly transactions and resolving discrepancies promptly.
- Preparation and delivery of the Group's Annual and Interim Report and subsidiary financial statements, including coordination across the business and with external partners.
- Provide effective support for the full year budgeting process, including obtaining and challenging inputs by department heads, and periodic reforecasting as required.
- Review and manage the accounting elements of the Group’s payroll, including the bonus and sales commission schemes, and the share option incentive scheme.
- Responsible for the VAT tax filing obligations and, with support from the Group tax advisors, preparation and submission of the UK corporation tax and R&D tax credit calculations.
- Administration of the US entity, including accounts preparation, intercompany transactions and tax submissions as well as ad-hoc tasks such as setting up IXICO presence in new states.
- Manage and update the implementation of legislative and regulatory changes required by IFRS, FRS101 & UK GAAP.
- Maintain a strong internal control environment, ensuring progress made in respect of audit findings.
- Ownership of revenue reporting including monitoring of accurate project revenues and maintenance of the Group’s timesheet process;
- Owner of the Group financial reporting system, seeking opportunities to improve its use to increase the efficiency of the finance and wider functions, including the implementation of other business intelligence software.
- Project work related to the broader business development plan, business systems implementation, equity financing and business acquisitions.
- Build strong relationships with operational/functional teams, to drive financial accuracy and completeness across the Group, providing regular support and advice as appropriate.
- Look for opportunities to innovate and provide continuous improvement in the standardisation of reporting and operational efficiencies both within Finance and across other functional departments.
Qualifications and skills required for the role:
- Newly qualified accountant, up to 2 years post-qualification (ACA, ACCA or similar)
- Up-to-date technical skills within accounting and reporting.
- Confident preparing IFRS statutory accounts for a listed company.
- Working knowledge and appreciation of UK taxation – R&D tax credits.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience in accounting software packages desirable but not essential.
- Track record of implemented process improvements.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to communicate throughout different levels of seniority.
- Strong ability to prioritise and deliver the workload effectively.
- Ability to analyse complex issues & recommend and implement suitable solutions.
- Strong business acumen & commercial awareness.
- Ability and drive to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong focus on controls and processes with exceptional attention to detail.
- Competitive remuneration package including benchmarked salaries.
- Staff Annual Bonus Plans and Annual Salary Review.
- Generous employer pension contribution of 6%.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO.
- BUPA private medical insurance scheme.
- Life Assurance of 4x annual salary.
- Employee Benefits Portal, Perkbox offering various discounts in retail, food & drink, and entertainment.
- Engaging and social environment, with fundraising and sporting activities and seasonal events such as Summer and Christmas parties.
- Wellbeing initiatives such as eye tests, flu jabs, and Mental Health Awareness Training.
- Employee Assistance Programme offering advice and support on a wide range of topics.
- Hybrid working model pattern split between working at our vibrant head office in the City of London and remotely.
- Reimbursement allowance to purchase equipment to support working from home.
- Generous employee referral scheme offering £2,000 for referring a successful candidate to the company.
- Financial assistance for professional qualifications.
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day.
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and empowered team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated Group Financial Accountant in a permanent full-time capacity to thrive in an engaging and fast-paced environment, to make a difference on an everyday basis.
If you think IXICO should meet you, please send us your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly via LinkedIn. We are looking forward to your application.
Please note that our entire business is operating under a Hybrid-Working Model, where UK-based employees are required to attend our London office 2 days a week. If you have got any questions, please reach out to our careers team.