IXICO’s mission is to improve brain health through the application of digital technologies. Established in 2004 and listed as a public company in October 2013, IXICO has firmly established itself as a trusted partner to the global biopharma industry. Our neuroscience expertise in image data management and analysis provides specialist data analytics services used by the global Pharmaceutical industry to select patients for clinical trials, assess the safety and efficacy of new drugs in development and in post marketing surveillance. Our neurological disease focus includes Alzheimer's disease, Huntington's disease, Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson's.
As the pharmaceutical industry looks to pave the way for personalised medicines, they will need to mine clinical trial and real-world data to tailor specific products to the individual patient. IXICO is uniquely positioned to deliver these approaches by further innovating, customising and scaling our integrated digital platform.
And our people make all this happen! We are proud to be passionate about what we do. Together we innovate and develop cutting-edge technologies, provide the support our customers need and enhance our service offering.
As our teams continue to grow we are looking for a Marketing Communications Manager to join our commercial team.
We are looking for candidates who have a background in Science, Medical Imaging, Biomedical Engineering, Neurosciences or related. This role is designed for a full-time position, but a part-time option can be discussed.
Purpose of the Role
The Marketing Communications Manager will be responsible for driving the full range of IXICO’s communication activity to a range of stakeholders:
- Clients and partners
- The investment community
- Employees (working in concert with the HR team)
The role holder will develop the marcomms plan and execute a strong pipeline of PR, IR and client conference opportunities. Specifically, the role holder will be responsible for the management of several key business areas:
Internal stakeholders and systems:
- Own the IXICO marketing communications plan, updating this on at least a bi-monthly basis and implementing the actions required to deliver this; measuring return on investment; ensure that appropriate resource is available to execute on the plan
- Developing and implementing an internal approval process, ensuring that material is developed within the policy and approved by nominated stakeholders (internal and external) before release.
- Manage the appointed PR/IR advisors and other marcomms/IR service providers to ensure execution on the plan and that internal resources are available
- Ensure that all IXICO press releases are developed and issued in a timely way, working closely with the external PR agency to ensure that they are compliant with London Stock Exchange rules on disclosure
- Manage IXICO’s library of marketing material, including presentations, proposal templates, literature and brochures, images, track record and ensure that these are kept up to date and available to the team
- Create a scorecard to measure the success of our online and offline marketing activities.
- Develop a plan for close client engagement to elicit publications and endorsements
- Conduct client surveys from time to time to measure satisfaction and better understand client needs
- Prepare and issue customer newsletters using automated marketing tools (e.g. Act-On) and keep contact databases up to date and compliant with relevant legislation (e.g. GDPR)
- Plan IXICO’s attendance at key scientific meetings, managing the annual budget, evaluating value for money and recommending the investment in specific events and ensuring the right resource attends, as well as co-ordinating the logistics including booking booth space, and ensuring that the agreed marketing collateral (booth stand, literature, etc.) is delivered to the meetings
- Manage IXICO’s attendance at industry events (e.g. awards, networking, investor meetings)
- Lead the preparation of the annual report publication (which incorporates regulated material), working closely with finance colleagues and external stakeholders to ensure that this is completed on time and to budget
- Support senior leadership in preparation of presentation collateral for use in investor meetings.
Online tools development:
- Keep IXICO’s website up to date as and when required by the marketing communications plan; identify opportunities to drive traffic to the sites and develop and execute the plan (with budget approval)
- Periodically review IXICO’s service providers to support a seamless experience for users and value for money for the company
- Manage IXICO’s social media accounts (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- Contribute to the wider team effort by completing related tasks as needed.
- MBA, CIM Diploma or marketing qualification, ideally with a life science degree
- >8 years’ experience within the life sciences industry in an international marketing role
- Robust ability to develop and execute marketing plans
- Demonstrates creative thinking and sound judgement
- Strong on process and stakeholder management
- Proven ability to integrate well into small organisations
- Good interpersonal skills and strong powers of persuasion
- Comfort across all levels of seniority, both internally and externally and willing to direct activity through others as well as execute as a sole contributor
- Client-centric with a desire to move others to act
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong team player who enjoys a varied role
- Prior experience of working in a technical/scientific organisation (although not necessarily in a technical role) would be an advantage
- This role is office based with opportunity to work from home for some of the time.
- Competitive annual salary depending on experience
- Generous pension contribution
- Company wide bonus scheme
- 25 day annual leave (adjusted for service and/or part time working arrangements)
- Central location in the City of London
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Various other corporate benefits
- The best team spirit in town
How to Apply
Sounds just like you? --> To apply for the role as Marketing Communications Manager please send us your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hear from you!