This is IXICO
One business, one mission: improving brain health through the application of digital technologies.
Established in 2004 and listed as a public company in October 2013, IXICO has established itself as a trusted partner to the global biopharma industry, providing technology-enabled speciality services. Our neuroscience expertise in image data management and analysis provides specialist data analytics services, which are applied on some of the most important clinical trials in neuroscience, providing valuable insights to disease progression and patient safety, enabling our clients to make better informed decisions earlier in the clinical development pathway.
And our people make all this happen. We have a passionate, dedicated team, bringing together the essential skills needed to innovate and develop cutting-edge technologies, provide the support our customers need and enhance our service offering.
As our team continues to grow we are now looking to hire a Development Test Engineer.
Purpose of the role:
- Analysing user stories and use cases/requirements for validity and verification for IXICO’s Neuroscience Applications (primarily written in Java/Python).
- Liaise with offshore test team and manage their day to day activities.
- Execute all levels of testing including system, integration, and regression.
- Design and develop automation scripts as and when required.
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies and provide timely solutions.
- Apply quality engineering principals throughout the Agile product lifecycle.
- Participate in Agile Scrum team and promote continuous improvement process.
- Provide support for creating and maintaining documentation.
- Participate in innovation process by coming up with new ideas for company products and development/testing processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required for the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a technical discipline e.g. Systems Engineering, Computer Science.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Software Tester / Test Engineer or similar role.
- 2+ years’ experience of creation & execution of both automated and manual software test cases and reporting in an Agile environment.
- Minimum 1-year experience in Automated Testing of web browsers (Chrome & Firefox).
- Proven ability of GUI, Functional, Feature, Regression, Penetration, Stress & Load testing.
- Experience of Test Tools (Selenium - Webdriver/IDE/GRID, Cucumber/Gherkin, Soap UI, Wireshark).
- Practical experience of Linux/Unix/Windows.
- Knowledge in Programming Languages (Java/Python).
- Understanding of Database concepts and technologies (RDBMS/SQL/PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of Object-Orientated development.
- Understanding of REST standards.
- Understanding of Agile concepts.
- Knowledge of TDD and BDD.
- Knowledge of Jenkins, SVN, Git and DevOps.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the business.
- Strong organisational skills and great attention for detail.
- Ability to prioritise effectively.
- Strong team-player, who is acting in a professional and personable manner.
- Highly motivated and driven to improve and develop processes
- Generous employer pension contribution of 6%
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to 28 days with every year at IXICO
- Various discounts in retail, food & drink and entertainment through our benefit portal
- Annual salary review and company bonus scheme
- Life Assurance scheme
- A very sociable, supportive and highly motivated team
- A modern working environment and excellent location in the heart of the City of London
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day
How to Apply
IXICO is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better services.
IXICO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
This is a great opportunity for a Testing professional to thrive in an engaging and fast-paced environment, to make a difference on an every day basis. You will be given support to enable you to grow with your challenges, and we pride ourselves to be a sociable and diverse bunch of people, who are all working together on one big mission: Improving brain health. Will you join us?
If you want to become IXICO's Development Test Engineer please send us your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com. We are looking forward to your application!