IXICO selected to participate in two NHS Innovation Test Beds
22 January 2016, IXICO plc (Ticker: IXI) (‘IXICO’ or the ‘Company’), the brain health company, is pleased to announce that it has been selected to participate in two of the NHS Innovation Test Beds, launched by NHS England Chief Executive Simon Stevens at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
The Test Beds are seven new collaborations between the NHS and innovators which aim to harness technology to address some of the most complex issues facing patients and the health service. Successful innovations will then be available for other parts of the country to adopt and adapt to the particular needs of their local populations.
IXICO has been selected to participate in and contribute its digital healthcare technology to two test beds :
Care City Health and Care Test Bed – which will promote and support healthy ageing across a million strong population in North East London and
Perfect Patient Pathway Test Bed – which aims to bring substantial benefits for patients in the Sheffield City Region suffering from long term conditions, such as diabetes, mental health problems, respiratory disease, hypertension and other chronic conditions.
Professor Derek Hill, Chief Executive of IXICO, commented:
“We are delighted to be participating in the Test Bed initiative, which has the bold vision of making the NHS an excellent place to test and develop revolutionary new products. We are proud to be working alongside innovative partners who have a shared vison of using technology, knowledge and expertise to change the delivery of healthcare in the UK and deliver meaningful benefits to patients. ”
Derek Hill, CEO
Susan Lowther, CFO
Charles Spicer, VP Corporate Development
+44 20 3763 7499
Peel Hunt LLP (Nominated Adviser and Broker)
James Steel / Oliver Jackson
+44 20 7418 8900
Daniel Stewart & Company (Joint Broker)
Martin Lampshire / David Coffman
+44 207 776 6550
FTI Consulting Limited (Investor Relations)
Simon Conway / Mo Noonan / Matthew Moss
+44 20 3727 1000
Notes to Editors
IXICO’s innovative and proprietary digital healthcare technologies help those involved in researching and treating serious diseases to capture and analyse clinical data to make rapid, informed decisions. In clinical research this includes the phenotyping of patients, quantification of disease pathology and measurement of patient outcomes. In clinical practice the mobile health and digital decision support technologies aid diagnosis, patient engagement and monitoring. IXICO is also collaborating with partners to develop companion digital health products targeted at improving patient outcomes.
The Company’s brain health focus includes Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, behavioural health, child and adolescent mental health.
More information is available on www.ixico.com
About NHS Testbeds
The core tenets of the vision for test beds are:
- To enhance the nation’s health and wellbeing, by preventing disease and poor health in people in the first case and restoring them to autonomous and fulfilling lives as quickly as possible when they do fall ill
- To improve health and care services, resulting in better patient outcomes and experience of care, which can be evidenced
- To improve integration between primary, secondary and social care
- To identify ways of reducing health and social care costs at scale
- To increase the NHS’ learning capability, accelerating its ability to conduct pragmatic yet robust trials initially in limited sites, and spreading those with the greatest benefits more widely
- To lay the foundations for boosting economic growth, aiming to lead the world in the development and implementation of digital care systems, innovative care pathways and precision medicine.
- To pioneer new models of reimbursement on the basis of proven effectiveness of reducing disease costs.
For further information please contact the NHS England National Media Team on 011382 50958/9 or firstname.lastname@example.org