Established in 2004 and listed as a public company in October 2013, IXICO has firmly established itself as a trusted partner to the global pharmaceutical, biotech and CRO industry and is an emerging pioneer in digital health technologies. We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our team who will provide effective financial reporting - both to the business and external parties - as well as identify and propose financial internal control improvements across the business, and supervise our Accounts Assistant.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
Accounting & IT
- Experienced, qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Excellent understanding of accounting standards, IFRS and UK GAAP
- Good working knowledge of UK taxation
- Proficient Microsoft Office user
- Drive to succeed in a challenging yet highly rewarding business
- Ability to stay focused, prioritise and deliver
Highlights of the role
- Huge exposure across the business, working alongside senior executives
- Support the business in a growing and changing environment
Attention to detail
A quality driven approach to all tasks undertaken and ensuring as far as possible that nothing is overlooked.
Ability to work with minimal supervision, is self-motivated and organised.
Handles sensitive and/or confidential information responsibly. Understands the price sensitivity of company financial information and ensures that other employees are aware and therefore act accordingly.
Courteous, professional, positive interaction with other employees at all levels within the business and with external advisers.
Works to meet targets and address both challenges and opportunities.
Achieve high professional standards in all aspects of work performed.
A good team player who can perform both as part of a finance and business teams as appropriate.
- Preparation of financial statements for a UK plc and subsidiaries (UK and US) for financial year and half-year reporting.
- Manage the financial audit process including the preparation of audit files and liaison with auditors during the audit field work during both the financial year-end and half-year reporting.
- Preparation of the corporation tax computation, calculation of the R&D tax credit and working with the Science team to prepare the R&D report to support the claim. Liaison with the tax advisors during the tax review.
- Meet statutory reporting deadlines, including the timely preparation, submission and payment of VAT / PAYE and P11D returns
- Play a key role in the month end process from detailed ledger transactions through to consolidated finance report
- Ensure the integrity of the financial information and accurate accounting records including working closely with the Accounts Assistant
- Involvement in the preparation of monthly management accounts including:
- Group consolidation
- P&L/balance sheet reconciliations
- Budget/forecast variance analysis
- KPI reporting
- Perform internal audits of project revenues and invoicing
- Ensure progress made in respect of audit findings including ongoing financial systems improvements
- Ensure all financial processes are followed in accordance with company Standard Operating Procedures and GCP regulation (‘Good Clinical Practice’)
- Provide support to other members of the Finance team and the broader business as required
- Competitive annual salary depending on experience
- Enhanced pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave
How to Apply
To apply for the post listed above please send us your CV and covering letter by email to CAREERS@IXICO.COM specifying in the subject line the role you are interested in. Please note that speculative applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.